Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Daffy Day Love

While lamenting the fact that I am a terribly distracted driver and often find myself cruising the streets of Nantucket with no idea where I am trying to go or how to get there, Heidi pointed out something quite obvious: I am a complete and total townie. My commute to work consists of a two minute or less walk across the street and my idea of a long distance drive is to the Stop and Shop (which I dread). I have no idea of street names and am terrible at giving directions. It's just too easy to stay in town! That being said, I made the effort this morning to do a little cruise out to Cisco and was in awe of all the daffodils in bloom. I'm crossing my fingers for blue skies this weekend for all of our island visitors. It's a beautiful time to be here! In honor of Daffodil Weekend here on Nantucket I've picked a couple fun pieces to celebrate that special flower.

SmudgeInk probably takes the cake with this delicious set of daffy note cards.


Exclusively at Parchment, our favorite ladies at PeepsArt churn out a limited edition Daffodil Nantucket card. How much fun does the island look with all those little yellow bursts?


And for all you trivia aficionados, check out this appropriately named book full of fun, wacky and random facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment