Thursday, January 19, 2012

Happy New Year


Happy New Year and Hello to all you Parchment fans out there! ...well, if you're still out there! I know it has been eons since we last posted. 2011 was one of those years that I was just really happy to be done with... not such a great one in my personal life. The things happening outside of the shop took a lot of time and energy away from one of my favorite things: being in the shop! But, in experiencing the sad and the bad, I realized that there is a whole lotta good to be thankful for. This quote, passed on to me by a dear friend, really helped me get through the year... along with the support of my customers, friends, family and most of all the group of Guardian Angels watching over me. (You know who you are!) As a thank you to those Angels, I had the talented and fabulous crew over at Dauphine Press set this wonderful quote in letterpress. The result: something so meaningful and special, I had to share it with everyone.


Speaking of gratitude, I would like to give a little shout-out to the incredible team at Wiley Valentine. They defied typical vendor expectations with a truly generous gesture for a customer of ours who had experienced a recent tragedy in her life. Their kindness left me speechless and I can't express how lucky I feel to work with a company like that who not only echos my own business philosophy, but also has the ability to look at "the big picture." Yes, we are all trying to make a living, but sometimes making money on a project is not the most important thing. It was an amazing gesture of "paying it forward" and so much appreciated.

I hope you are having a fabulous day today. More to come, with Valentines rolling in daily and wedding invitations in the works. There are lots of good things to come in 2012!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello All

    we are one of the best dealer of papers in Delhi we are promoting our branding name with GALGOFINEPAPERS. if you need or like our services then contact us at www.galgofinepapers.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete